Thursday, February 9, 2012

Big Brother Noah

3 nights in the hospital was not my idea of fun! I missed Noah so much! I was SO excited to see him every day! So thankful to have wonderful family to watch him, take good care of him, and bring him in to see us! We missed each other greatly!



Ready to hold her for the first time!!!

So excited!!!




Things I want to remember:

  • When Noah left the hospital on Saturday, he was okay. He asked me to come home with him but was excited to go stay at MawMaw & PawPaw's house and sleep on the giraffe bed. He told me that he wanted me to take those bracelets (the hospital bands) off, so that I could come home. I was surprised that he made that connection.
  • When Noah left on Sunday after visiting, he was a mess! Literally pulling my arm trying to take me with him. He wanted to go to MawMaw & PawPaw's house to sleep but wanted me to go too. He was balling and begging me to come too. It was awful. I wanted so badly to be a good mother and tell him it was okay and smile but I was a mess right back - balling my eyes out with him. It was awful!
  • When Noah left on Monday after visiting, I told him he could go home to sleep or he could go back to MawMaw & PawPaw's house. He wanted to go to their house. He wanted me to go too but was okay leaving. He said he was SO excited to get his doctor kit out when we got home the next day to take off those bracelets for me & daddy so that we could stay home! As he walked out the door, Terry & I were yelling "We love you". He yelled back "I love you Mommy! I love you Daddy!" and then a second later "I love you Baby Allie!!!" 

2 comments:

Jami said...

This was the hardest part for me too. Love that first picture. Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!

The Black's said...

This brought tears to my eyes just reading it! Such a sweet boy!