Thursday, February 9, 2012

Allie Ann Elder

I was about as nervous as one person can be going into the operating room. After my last c-section experience with Noah, I was not loving the idea of having another. BUT the doctor, nurses and anesthesiologist were fabulous! I loved everyone of them. Then Terry got to come back, the anesthesiologist kind of laughed and said as soon as Terry sat down and grabbed my hand, my heart rate went from 150 something to around 90. :) I felt it too. I was suddenly calm and relaxed - I thought he gave me some kind of drug but no, just my honey! Shortly after getting into the operating room, she was here! At 12:27 pm, weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long, she was here!

When I first saw her, I said "OH my goodness, it's ME!" She looked just like my baby picture with all that hair. They then accessed her, weighed, cleaned, etc and brought her back wrapped up and with a hat on and I said "OH my goodness, now it's Noah!" haha! Anyways, the moment was beautiful! She was doing great, so they said I could have an hour of kangaroo time and nursing! Yay! I ended up with her for probably 1.5 hour before they took her up to be monitored and bathed.









2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am so glad it was a great experience! I love that place!!!

Jaime Mac said...

I'm happy you had a much better experience this time! I was worried about you after I heard you had her!
(BTW we didn't come visit bc I was still getting over my cough & Brad had contracted what I had! Didn't wanna get that baby girl sick!)
Congratulations!!!!!