Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Little Boy is 1

My sweet, sweet baby turned 1 year old today! I simply cannot believe it! I am as sad, as I am excited that this day is here! I love watching him grow and learn new things everyday. I love seeing his sweet little personality show through more and more everyday. He is fun, sweet, loving, adventuresome, and wild all at the same time. He is a huge show off and of course, is always a hit with everyone. He has the sweetest smile and the prettiest blue eyes! He simply will melt your heart. I never realized I could love someone so much. The last year has flown by incredibly too fast, but has been the most fulfilling, wonderful year of my life. I absolutely love being a mommy and have been so unbelievably fortunate to have stayed home with him over the last year. I cannot believe my baby is officially a toddler now!

At 1 year old...

  • He has 8 teeth and is not a fan of getting them brushed anymore!
  • He can say "Momma, Dadda, PawPaw, MawMaw, Bye Bye, Ball, Hi, Pane (plane), Uh-Oh, Up, Ma (milk), Nah-nah (no, no), Ah da (all done)"
  • He loves playing hide-n-seek, loves bathtime, loves swimming or any water activity, and loves his best buddy, Ribbit.
  • He will only eat big kid food, no baby food. He loves chicken, any kind of meat, cheese, bread, watermelon, crackers, and water.
  • He is now drinking mostly Vitamin D milk, with only one bottle of breast milk before bed. Yeah for no more pumping! And within the next few days, it will only be Vitamin D.
  • He loves animals...loves to chase dogs around the neighborhood! haha! He always points to his animals on the wall and laughs histerically when he sees the fish on our computer screensaver!
  • He loves books, especially touch-n-feel! He is really getting into cars and trucks...and always goes "bvrroom" when he plays with them. He loves to push anything!
  • He understands "No, go get __, are you all done, give me the ___ , say bye-bye, say hi"
  • If you ask him where the fan is, he points at it. If you ask him where a plane is, he points to the sky. Ask him to get his milk, his Ribbit, his ball, his truck, etc, he will.
  • He is now rolling his hands with The Wheels on the Bus song and tries to do the Itsy Bitsy Spider with his hands too, which is adorable!
  • He is wearing 18 month or bigger clothes, size 4 diapers, and is growing out of size 5 shoes.
  • He sleeps 12-13 hrs a night and takes only one nap now, which is 2.5 to 3 hours long

Here are some of his 1 Year Pictures....

6 comments:

Jami said...

He is such a cutie. It has flown by!

Kiersten Hoehn said...

Love those pictures!! SO cute!!! You did a great job!!!

Jill said...

He is such a doll. I was so glad to finally be able to see him (and you although I was crazy busy trying to keep up with my little man that I didn't get a chance to talk with you as much as I would have liked)at SIGS. Happy Birthday, Noah! :)

The Utley Crew said...

Awww, I can't believe he is one already!! LOVE all the pics, especially the face dive into the cake! haha! Sounds like he had a wonderful birthday! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

great pics!!!

Chris and Melissa said...

happy birthday to noah! the pictures are just great!!