Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week 22-24: Papaya

I am 22 weeks along and our little boy is now comparable to the size of a papaya! The website suggests this fruit for the whole month, instead of the week. More info on baby: "Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. At almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a minature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment."
Here is me & my belly at 22 weeks (5 and 1/2 months) along!

Today, we went to Terry's MawMaw & PawPaw's house to visit with the family. It is always nice to spend time with them and was especially nice to see our nephew Tylar! It is the first time I have seen him since I have had a baby belly and he just loved it. He is so excited that it is a boy and said he is going to tell everyone at school tomorrow that his aunt is having a boy. He kept feeling my belly and asking if he was kicking. At one point, he did start kicking, so I yelled for Tylar. He came running and ended up feeling 3 strongs kicks! It was great! Tylar was so excited. When Tylar went to leave, he hugged me, kissed my belly and said "Bye Noah" (a name we are thinking about, but not sure of). Then as they were leaving, he yelled "Tell Aunt Leslie to tell Noah that I love him!" So, so sweet!!!!!

3 comments:

The Utz Family said...

That's so sweet! I bet Tylar can't wait to have a little cousin to play with! We had Noah picked out for a boys name, but never could decide on a middle name! BTW...you are looking great!! I love the baby belly! :)

The Harrell Family said...

That is too cute! I'm sure he will be best buddies with Tylar! We are SO excited it's a boy! Addie doesn't have any boyfriends!!! I can't believe you are already 22 weeks! I CAN'T WAIT!!

the lewis gang said...

thanks for the belly pics!