Sunday, March 22, 2009

Week 21: Banana

21 weeks along and now a banana???? Okay, this has been the funniest one yet!!! I went from a cantaloupe to a banana!?!? Haha!
More info on baby: "Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch."

Yesterday, we took a Prepared Childbirth Class. We learned all about breathing techniques, exercises, massage, breastfeeding, and much more. We actually really enjoyed the class! At the end of the day, they took us on a tour of the labor & delivery floor and while we were there, they hooked us up to the heart monitor. It was so neat to see our baby's little heartbeat fluctuate! I just love our little miracle!!!

4 comments:

the lewis gang said...

more belly pics, please!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i second that janelle!!!

The Mac Pack said...

Yummm...I love bananas! I want some more belly picts too. If you are not going to let me touch the baby belly, I at least need to see some pictures! ;)

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

Haha you can touch the belly anytime! I wanted to take belly pics every 2 weeks (at 16, 18, 20 and so on) but I forgot on week 20. I will some more soon though!!!