Sunday, February 22, 2009

Week 17: Onion

17 weeks along and doing great! My baby bump definitely made it's appearance this week. I woke up Wednesday and was like "Wow, where did that come from?" Haha! I am also finally convinced that I have been feeling the baby. I kept thinking I was, but wasn't sure...but now I am feeling it much more frequently and am sure it is him/her moving around! It is AMAZING! I get this HUGE smile on my face every time and Terry just loves it! He knows every time that the baby must have just moved. It is so much fun! I can't wait until he is able to feel the baby kicking one day! And yes, it is true! I gave in! We are going to find out the baby's sex! We are scheduled for the ultrasound on my birthday, March 11th! Talk about an AWESOME birthday gift! So we will keep you posted! Anyways, the baby is now the size of an onion! Sorry Daniel, this one may be hard to avoid for you! Haha!!!

More info on our little onion: "The baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints." -thebump.com

3 comments:

The Pitmans said...

Since your bump has emerged, you need to post some pics!!!

The Utz Family said...

I knew you would cave! Just think of the wonderful surprise it would be to keep it a secret!! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

we want PICTURES!!! i popped right out too!!