Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Going to the Doctor's

I had my regular appointment today and Noah came along! He said he was excited to see my doctor and get a sucker. Haha! Apparently, he thinks every doctor has suckers! So I brought one for him if he was a good boy! After 1.5 hours stuck in traffic and a 1 hour wait because we were late, Noah & I finally got to see the doctor. Ugh! Noah was so good through all of it though, well except maybe the last 2 minutes...

He sat quitely and played while I talked to the doctor. He stood beside the table holding my hand while we listened to her heartbeat (in the 150s). He loves listening to it! He stood so good while she checked my cervix, but he did keep saying that I needed to take off that cover (talking about the paper sheet that you put over yourself). We went on. Noah asked the doctor if he could hear her heartbeat again, so she let him! She even let him hold the machine and talk to Allie through it, which he thought was super, super cool! Then the appointment was wrapping up, the doctor was literally at the door and I remembered just a couple more questions I had. Well, Noah starts to pull on the paper sheet. I tell him, "no, I need that". I keep talking to the doctor. He pulls more...more...and it starts to rip. He then continues to rip it in shreds within a minute. The doctor is just laughing and looking up in the air, as he continues to shred every bit of the sheet off me except the little bit I held in my hands covering up my "lady parts" (don't know how to appropriately word that!) - leaving my legs and butt totally exposed. Hahahaha...my doctor says "okay, well I am going to go now!" Oh my word child!  

We only have 6 weeks left from today until Allie joins this crazy family! :)

5 comments:

Jami said...

Wow! That's all I have to say, and exactly why I never took Cooper to those visits.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

HILARIOUS!! Which dr did you see? Thursays and Fridays....I can baby-sit! :)

The Black's said...

OMG!!! I seriously laughed out loud at this!

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

hahaha!

Alicia - it was with Miller! I haven't seen her in awhile - since the only other time I took Noah and he got a hold of the vaginal clamps! A whole other fun trip! Hahaha!!

Anonymous said...

oh my!!!! leslie u r toooooo funny!!! thanks for sharing that rhentertaining story!!! mimi