Wednesday, February 3, 2010

6 Months Old!

6 months old...my baby is 6 months old...he is a 1/2 year old...half way to his 1st birthday... seriously!? I can't get over it. I have such mixed feelings about it. As I try to hold back tears writing this, I just can't help thinking that my little baby is growing up so fast. Six months sounds so much older than five months and I feel like six months is such a milestone. I mean, seriously, it's the half way point...half way to the big FIRST birthday! I am already envisioning and planning his party in my head, though I don't want it to come fast. I love watching my baby grow, explore new things, learn new things and show his beautiful, growing personality but I can't help but tear up at the thought that he will never be a "newborn" again. He'll never have a first Christmas again, a first Halloween, a first bath, a first bite of food, a first for crawling, sitting up, etc! I guess the best word for this is simply bittersweet!

At six months, my sweet baby boy is...

  • Teething again- he has 3 teeth and is awaiting the arrival of his 4th!
  • Still chewing on everything he can get his hands on!
  • Crawling like a champ, especially when no one is watching!
  • Getting into everything, especially Mommy's plants...guess those are going bye-bye!
  • Sitting up with no support
  • Pulling Up - first time was 2 days ago!
  • Passing toys from one hand to the other
  • He loves the "Days of the Week" song
  • Says the "mmm" sound a lot
  • Still loves baths, but still hates to have his face washed
  • Loves having me and Daddy blow on his belly
  • Still thinks Daddy is just too funny
  • Loves having hair thrown around in front of his face...haha, especially when Aunt RuRe does it!
  • He got his first little bruise yesterday on his cheek...which was worse for me, than him! It is tiny but it made me sad! :(
  • He has definitely discovered his boy parts...haha!
  • Last night, he slept 9 hours without waking up to eat...longest ever...please, please continue! :)
  • Goes to bed at 8:30pm and gets up about 8:00am
  • Still on his acid reflux medicine, since it didn't go well when we tried to take him off of it
  • Eating stage 2 foods
  • As of now, favorite foods seem to be sweet potatoes and prunes
  • As of now, favorite toy seems to be his shape blocks...just to chew on!
  • Wearing size 3 diapers and mostly 9 month clothes
  • Weighs about 20 lbs on our home scale, but we'll go for his 6 month well visit on Friday, so we will see his actual weight then!
And here is my baby on his 6 month birthday! He got to do a lot of new things today because he is such a big boy! He got to eat mixed fruit for the first time - Apricots with Apples & Pears. He drank from a sippy cup for the first time! And he got to take a bath in the BIG tub! I will post his 6 month pictures sometime soon! :) Also, we finally got a video of him pulling up tonight, but it keeps erroring when I try to upload!

Catnap! Hahaha!

1 comment:

Jill said...

He is precious! I can't believe all that hair! :)