Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Well, Christmas has come and nearly gone. It was definitely a Christmas of change...it was our first Christmas with Noah, our first Christmas as a new little family, our first Christmas not celebrated at "home" in New Salisbury, our first Christmas that we did not attend St. Mary's of Lanesville, our first Christmas as parents. I had anxiety about some changes and thrilled about others, but in the end, everything came out wonderful. Noah had an awesome time opening gifts, going to church at the Knobs was great, and being at my mom & dad's new house felt normal, as if we always have been there! It was a wonderful feeling! Christmas was full of amazing, loving family, great food, wonderful gifts, and lots of snot-nosed smiles from the sweetest little boy in the world. I will never forget seeing his big huge, one-toothed grin this morning when Terry & I went in to get him when he woke up. I will never forget his sweet little determined face when trying to tear the paper off his gifts. I will never forget the beautiful necklace that I got from him. I will never forget Terry & I looking at each other and just smiling when we heard him talking in the backseat on the way to Mom & Dad's house. Noah is an absolute blessing. I love him more than I could ever explain in words. I would do anything and everything for him and I will love him forever and always. It is such an amazing feeling being a mother to this sweet little baby boy. I thank God everyday for him. Christmas is such a good time to reflect on your life, your family, and what's really important in life. Thank you to all my family who made this Christmas so wonderful and a special thank you for one of the best gifts I could receive, a phone call from my dad, just a few minutes ago, where he proceded to say, "You are such a wonderful Mommy. I always knew you would be, but I just want you to know that you are." I know that probably seems so simple, but it completely warmed my heart. Thank you Dad, thank you Noah, thank you Terry, thank you family, and thank you God. Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

isn't being a mommy the greatest thing ever?! something you just don't understand until you are living it!

of course you are a great mom! we all knew you would be! i understand though it is nice to hear it every once in a while!

daniel and i had that very same conversation about being at a different house on the way to your mom and dad's yesterday. just goes to show you that it is the company that matters not the place!

merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Christmas story about a beautiful family that is truly lucky in love.
love, MOM