Thursday, December 22, 2016

Gracie Leigh Elder has made her debut!!!

On 12/20/16 at 4:44am, Gracie made her debut weighing 8lbs 1oz and 19 3/4 inches long. She is absolutely perfect in every way!

I had my 38 week doctor's appointment on Monday, the 19th and I had started to make a little progress. She said she did not want me laboring at home so if I had any signs or contractions to come in. Well I started having some cramping and contractions pretty much as soon as I left. I figured it was just from the check but I went home and thought I should probably finally prepare! haha! So we got the car seat ready, packed our bag, diaper bag, packed my kids bags and prepared all outfits for Christmas Eve, church, Christmas Day, etc, cut the boys hair, cleaned the house, cut all the kids nails and so on. By later that evening, I felt pretty sure I was going to be having a baby! So I talked with the kids about MawMaw or PawPaw or someone being there in the morning if I were to go to the hospital. Surprisingly, I actually felt as prepared as I possibly could be! So a little while after the kids went to bed, the contractions were coming more frequently, so MawMaw and PawPaw came over and off to the hospital we went! After monitoring and waiting around for doctors and an OR, we had miss Gracie Leigh via C-section at 4:44am by Dr. Leigh Price. Everything went very smoothly! I was finally holding my 4th and last baby in my arms...and she is PRECIOUS!!!

The kids excitement meeting her later that day - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, the adore her and were fighting over who got to hold her first! Laynie was about to loose it waiting to get her hands on her!






































































No comments: