Monday, August 10, 2009

At Last...Our Little Noah is Here!

At last, our little Noah is here! I woke up on the morning of Monday 8/3 about 1:15am. I was having some cramping, which quickly lead to contractions. So about 3:30am, we headed to the hospital. In between contractions, Terry & I had such a wonderful ride to the hospital, laughing and discussing how excited we were! I will never forget that ride. Shortly after arriving and hooking up the monitors, they said "yes, we are keeping you. Your contractions are off the chart and are coming quickly, so it shouldn't be long." Within just a couple of hours, I was 5 cm. I then decided to get the epidural. The nurses and staff just kept saying it was going to be no time and had already prepped my table. A few hours later, I was 8 cm and that is when we hit a wall! I stayed 8 cm for what seemed like forever, eventually hit 9 cm but was told I could not push. It took everything in me not to and eventually the doctor said that my little boy couldn't handle it any longer, so we were headed in for a c-section. I was crushed but was anxious to get my son out safely. Here we are before:

And here was the results!!! After about 18 hours of labor at 7:42 pm, my beautiful baby boy was 9 lbs 5 oz and 20.5 inches long! The doctor was guessing he was 8 lbs, so this was quite a surprise! He was as cute as they come!!!


He put his arm around me on his own and I absolutely melted!!!

3 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

Awwwwwww, he is PERFECT! Congrats, to you and Terry, and the whole family! What a blessing! Isn't it SO amazing!? I am just so thrilled for you all! He is ADORABLE! I was so glad that Alicia and everyone kept us all updated! :) Can't wait to see more pics of him!!

The Black's said...

I just love hearing those stories!!! It almost brings a tear to your eye! Congratulations!

Kiersten Hoehn said...

He is soo tiny.