Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week 37: Watermelon

Full term = Yeah! I am 37 weeks along and now just patiently awaiting Noah's arrival. I do not know how long "patiently" will last, but I am as of now! :) Ha! Like everyone's comments on my previous post, this is soooo exciting! Knowing that at any minute, I could be in labor. It actually consumes your mind. I don't think a single minute passes now without me thinking... "my water could break right here, right now...is it going to break?...this would not be a good place for it to break...but here would be...is this contraction real?...should I time these?" Ahh! It is such a crazy feeling knowing that soon he won't be in my belly, but in my arms!

Today, he has his last fruit comparison and it's a watermelon! I definitely feel like there is a watermelon in me, as I officially feel huge! I am very ready to meet this "watermelon" sized child in me! Haha!

More info on baby: "Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!)."

5 comments:

The Ott Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ott Family said...

Sorry..I messed up the first comment somehow!

Leslie, I so remember this time. It is a wonderful experience and as slow as time seems to be ticking for you right now...really it's not going to be that long before you are holding your very own baby. I am so happy for you and Terry. I can't wait for Kensley to meet her potential future boyfriend...I suppose her and Addie might be fighting over him one day. Oh my goodness, too cute!

Rodney, Meghan, and Paisley said...

I am sooooo happy for you! That moment of meeting Noah will be one that will be etched in your mind FOREVER. What an awesome feeling!
...anytime now!

The Harrell Family said...

How exciting!! We just can't wait to meet baby Noah!! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy... every minute.

BTW - while I'm out of town this weekend, well that would be a BAD time for your water to break!!haha

Chris and Melissa said...

i have been waiting for the watermelon comparison because that's definitely how it feels sometimes! enjoy the last few days of having your sweet baby in your tummy!