Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 11: Lime

I am 11 weeks along and baby Elder is officially the size of a lime this week (much better sounding than the prune he/she was last week)! We are going in this Friday to hopefully hear the heartbeat! I cannot wait!!!

Some other info on our baby includes: "Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future."

6 comments:

the lewis gang said...

isn't it so cool? human development completely amazes me more and more each time i hear about it! hope your visit goes well this week!

The Utley Crew said...

Yay! I hope your visit goes well, too! Yes, being pregnant is SO amazing. ENJOY IT. I can't say that enough!!

And, PS...TAG, you're it...see my blog for details! :)

The Harrell Family said...

I am SO excited for you guys!! I cannot wait to have our first play date! Being pregnant is fun, enjoy it!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

yeah!! i am so happy for you! i can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew.....or both!! :)

danraymac said...

I always hated reading that stuff about the size of your baby. I never wanted to eat any of the stuff they used as comparisons for a long time. I also laughed because they would use some of the most obscure things like: a russian summer squash or something like that. Who knows how big that is?

The Mac Pack said...

Don't you mean two limes? That is my vote...twins. A boy and a girl so that I can enjoy the best of both worlds!

P.S. I had a dream the other night that you yelled at me for rubbing your belly. So if you have a problem with that, you better get over it quick...hahaha. I love touching baby bellies!!!