Sunday, January 3, 2010

5 Months Old!

Noah is 5 months old today! I can't say it enough, but time is FLYING! I can't believe how much he has grown and how this little guy brightens my every day! At 5 months...
  • Noah is attempting to crawl! He gets up on all fours, rocks & rocks, then will lunge forward.
  • He has 2 teeth and we now brush them every morning and night.
  • He is a giggle machine and has recently started vocalizing even more, trying new sounds...like very high pitched squeals and very low grunting noises!
  • He loves to say "duh, duh" and we think an occasional "da, da". He also says something that sounds like "Hi, dude" and we think it's the funniest thing ever!
  • He thinks it is super funny to squeal really loud when we turn our backs to him, then when we turn around and look at him, he smiles and laughs!
  • He loves playing with his feet & toes and still put anything and everything in his mouth!
  • He sits up unsupported for a few minutes at a time, unless he is just too excited! Haha!
  • As of right now, he actually LOVES to cuddle with me and rock with me. Hope that continues! :) He also loves to hear me sing! Sometimes I will sing to him and he will just lay there so peaceful and listen, then when I stop, he fusses!
  • He still thinks his Daddy is the funniest person in the world!
  • He has now tried all of the Stage 1 fruits and veggies. His favorites right now are sweet potatoes, peaches, and peas. WEIRD because I read once that babies will most likely like things that they had while in mommy's belly...well, I can assure you that he did NOT have those things! Of all the foods that he has had, those are the only ones that I hate!
  • Among those things, he has also had squash, green beans, pears, bananas, carrots, and applesauce.
  • He now has 3 meals a day and milk about every 3 hours. He has cereal in the morning, a fruit at lunch, and a vegetable (and maybe a fruit too) at dinner. He eats anywhere from 5-10 ounces of milk at a time!
  • He goes to bed at 9 pm and gets up at about 8:30 am. As of this week, he only eats once in the night! Woo hoo for that! Maybe one day, he will actually sleep through the night like most babies at his age! Ha! He has also been a really good napper lately and he just smiles away when you come in to get him after his nap!
  • He has mastered flipping over in his bouncer if he isn't strapped in. He thinks it's funny to chew on the straps!
  • He is wearing mostly 6 or 6-9 month clothes but it completely depends on the brand. He wears size 3 diapers and according to our home scale, he weighs about 19 lbs.
And here is a few pictures of my sweet little 5 month old boy! I love you Noah Lee!

3 comments:

The Mac Pack said...

Love you Noah! I wish that I could have saw you again but I did not want to get you sick...and make Mommy mad at me. BTW...I love your shirt! Such a stud...

The Harrell Family said...

Love it! He is growing up SO fast!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

noah, you are adorable!! jake is wearing size 3 diapers you crazy boy! slow down growing anytime now! :) we love you!!